Friday, January 16, 2009

My new found hobby!

So I have been searching for some long lost talents that Ihave been hiding. I have been wanting to find something fun to make that could possibly be a little hobby. I love baby leg warmers but they are a little spendy for socks (I think)!! I did a little "research" online and found easy step-by-step instructions on how to make them. Now for all of my friends and family who know me well, know that I can't cut a straight line, nor draw a straight line, therefore, I am not them best seamstress...imagine that!! However, I am determined! I found a couple pair of cute socks today, borrowed my wonderful friend, Katie's sewing machine, made John stop at JoAnn's on the way home from work for pins and thread and by 9:30 tonight had these two babies whipped out!! I am pretty proud of myself I must say!! Maybe tomorrow I will have a picture of Ella modeling them for you. Now my goal for tomorrow is to find more cute socks!!!

6 comments:

J.J. said...

So, so cute! Can't wait to see more of your creations! And John, I am so impressed. It would have been way too much work for Jeff to stop into JoAnn's. I think he would rather have lemon juice in a cut! Plus I would have to return everything he purchased except for the gum that is strategically placed to entice the kids and husbands by the cash register!-JaNae

The Mrs. said...

I am so impressed Amy. Good job. I really do want to see pics of Ella too.

jamee

Kathryn said...

They look great! You did an awesome job! When I get back we'll have to do some sewing projects together, it would be fun. I'm excited the sewing machine works...that will motivate me to try new things. :)
Way to go!
-Katy

Suzy said...

Way to go! Very cute! Quincy wants a pair!

Ryanne said...

wow! good job Amy! They are so cute! I expect a few for my little one when she comes....someday!

Alli said...

Cute - now you need to start selling them :-)!!!