Thursday, September 25, 2008

HAWAII

We are back from our vacation in paradise! WOW, what an amazing experience we had. We are definitely planning a return trip! For any of you contimplating the trip, definitely worth every penny! All of this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for John's wonderful grandparents and my awesome parents and sister. Thanks so much guys for taking time out of your busy lives to hang out with our kids!!
NOW, back to REALITY!!!!
"Chinaman's Hat"
A breathtaking view from Pounders Beach
Up close and personal with a sea turtle.
Getting some air!

The view from our hotel. The USS Arizona Memorial
The names of over 1100 who died on the USS Arizona.

So thankful for those who have served and those who are serving!
Part of the USS Arizona still visible from above the water
Beautiful sunset on Waikiki
...and another Majestic moutain view from a beach heading up the coastline.

Enjoying our drink......soooooo good!!
Our yummy pineapple smoothie at the PCC Luau.
The roasted pig that we partook of!!

The most beautiful flowers!

In front of the Temple...amazing!
For all you BYU Hawaii alumni....
Picture from a canoe ride at the PCC
Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay
Hanauma Bay
Our dinner cruise on the ocean.
The boat, Startlet, that we cruised on!
The famous, Diamondhead, taken from our cruise.












13 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah! I have been waiting to see pictures of your trip. Looks like you guys saw and did a ton of fun things. Thanks again for the yummy meal you brought us before leaving. It was great, and so nice. We'll have to get together soon when you guys get back to the swing of reality:-)

Shandy said...

HOLY COW!!!! ok.. yes. I admit it. I'm jealous! LOL
the pictures are amazing (and I'm sure don't do the real things justice...)
loved the one of you guys in front of the Temple and those gorgeous sunset shots :)
How fun to be able to escape for a few days :)
-Shandy Vogt

libbie said...

Oh!!! I am so jealous! Those are my old stomping grounds! I am glad you loved it. So fun there isn't it. It truly is paradise.

Ryanne said...

Well i'm still a little upset you didn't take me with you. *sigh* But...i'm getting over it a little more each day. I'm finally able to forgive you, I think. Ha ha! Jk! It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm super jealous!! I love that pic of you two on the ship, your eyes look so pretty! Miss you! Hope all is going well! Good luck with that 'getting back to reality' It took me about 2 weeks after we got home from our cruise!!

Kerrie said...

Aren't the turtles awesome? I just love Hawaii. The first time we went, I felt like I left a part of my heart there, and knew that I would want to go back. I'm impressed with all that you fit in to your stay. It looks like you guys had a great time. I love the picture at PCC with your drink. I came home and tried to make the kids some of our yummy drinks that we had. Mmmm, I miss it already. Next time, we'll have to go together.

Kerrie said...

Oh yeah, doesn't Waikiki have great sunsets? That's one thing I missed while we were in Kauai. All the sunsets were covered behind the mountains.

Tara said...

Oh how I love and miss that place.

Ryanne said...

Really? Wow. Yes, small world. Well Katelyn was one of my first friends when we moved to Utah. When we were renting that basement apt. in Orem, she was in my ward. We've remained friends over the years. She just got married this past Feb. That is crazy though. I've been meaning to thank you for the gifts! I wore the necklace all day yesterday. Its so cute. And Braden likes his shirt! THanks so much!!

The Mrs. said...

I have been craving to go back there!! Thanks for sharing your pictures, they were so beautiful! You guys look amazing! Miss you...are you guys up for a game of Settlers?

Chy said...

man livin' it up! Humm next time pack me in your suitcase!

lisa said...

Those pics are amazing!! SO SO JEALOUS is all that I can say. You look SO GORGEOUS in that pic of you and John on the ship!! What great memories those will be and I hope that Jay and I get to go with you on round 2.

Suzy said...

Neat pictures. I was going to tell you that Hayden is taking his surfboard necklace for show and tell today (it was his own idea!) and yesterday Quincy was prancing around the house in her hula girl outfit! Thanks again for the fun souvenirs! They will be great for our upcoming Hawaiian Luau!

elements: overexposed said...

Oh how we love and miss Hawaii and my family there! So glad you had such a wonderful time. Isn't it so beautiful!!! We need to get back soon!