Sunday, July 27, 2008

Picnics and Bike Rides!




This is what frosting does to me!!!


Ella is a little sneak. She is trying to snatch a
piece of Daddy's carrot cake while he is away.


This is the end result. Up her nose and
everything!! She was proud of her
accomplishment though!



On Saturday morning or family went on a little bike ride to Rookes Park. There are nice paved trails that run next to Mill Creek so it makes for a scenic ride. Along the trails are Blackberry bushes. They are just now starting to be ripe for the pickin! The kids, including John, love to pick them and eat them. They had so much fun finding the biggest and the juiciest! On the bike ride back we ran into 2 bull snakes (see below). We are pretty sure they were over 2 1/2 feet long and very healthy!! The kids thought this was so cool! We had a very fun and eventful morning!


6 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Oh my! Blackberries and Bull snakes! My kids would have been jumping out of there skin so excited!!What a beautiful day you guys had! It is soooooo green. It reminds of of when my family lived in Lacey, WA and my mom would take us to pick the wild blackberries and then she would come home and make jam. We were always covered in all the juice. Yum!!

Ashley said...

Geez, I was wanting to do this bike ride, but after seeing the snakes, may have to rethink that idea. The blackberries are a fun addition though. That outfit of Ellas is so cute.

Lesley said...

Hi Springen family! This is Lesley Mickelsen. I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog thru Libbie's. Your kids are so cute and it looks like you have been having a great summer. Ella is so cute! Hope all is going well!

Ryanne said...

oh Amy! can i just tell you how darlig that pic of Ella is...the fourth one down. I busted up laughing! Such a cutie! Remind her that her favorite aunt loves her! ha ha

Chy said...

YIKES! Are you serious I HATE SNAKES!!! Although the blackberries would be nice. I think this is like the first weekend you guys have stayed home and not been cRaZy busy:) Ella is so cute as always.

libbie said...

I love that your kids thought the snakes were cool. Mine would have been freaking their brains out! Ella is so dang cute. I just want to kiss those cheeks!